Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Two little updates

One - my husband came home and apologized to D for yelling at him earlier. D got this very thoughtful look on his face, furrowed his brow, pursed his lips and scrunched his nose, and then said, "That's ok Daddy. I love you."

Sigh. He's such a sweet boy.

Two - I registered for the Danskin in the wee hours of the morning. Luckily I didn't forget; registration closed at 10:20 am this morning. Two years ago I think it took a week to fill up. Today it happened within hours. Pretty amazing. I bet they could do two races in Seattle and they'd both sell out!

My mom also got in (she woke up in the night to pee and decided to check and see if registration had opened) but my friend Laura (who did the race with us two years ago) didn't. She's on vacation at Disneyland with her family. When they left I assumed she knew when registration was set to open, so I didn't mention it; I'm sure she got the email announcement. This morning I left a message on her husband's phone, after searching for her name a couple of times and not finding it. They never called back. Around 11 I talked to my husband and asked him if he thought I should go ahead and register her, but it was too late - the race had closed.

I have to wonder if she secretly didn't want to do it. That's why I hesitated earlier this morning to just register her; if she didn't actually want to do the race and figured she could get away with it by "forgetting" while on vacation, I didn't want to mess with her plans and sign her up. Of course, I could be completely wrong and she's going to be really disappointed. I don't know.

In any case, I'm set - August 17th. And I have two races before that - one just 6 weeks away! Of course, it's short and an indoor event, so it isn't as big of a deal. But still - I have some work to do!

No comments: