Saturday, February 16, 2008

This is why I don't get enough sleep...

I know I bitch about sleep a lot, but dammit, I'm tired.


Last night I headed to bed around 10, but my husband followed me into the room and, well, I'm sure you can imagine why. So I didn't get to bed until about 10:45. G slept through until 2, so the first part of the night went fine, despite getting to bed a little later than I'd planned.


Around 4:30 I was awoken by a little voice outside my door calling, "I have to go pee!" Sweet boy. Instead of lying in his bed crying, he finally did what we told him to do - came out to find us so he could get help going potty. Usually my husband is in charge of D's late night antics, but I popped out of bed without even thinking about it, immediately worrying that he'd been calling for us for a while and would either pee his pants or get upset because we weren't answering. After going potty, he went back to bed ok, but the whole process took a while.

After that I tried to go back to sleep, and I think I did briefly before G woke up again. I don't remember sleeping, but it seems like I must have. I nursed G back to sleep and went back to bed again. I couldn't fall asleep. I hate it when that happens! I was so tired, but its like my brain turned on and there were too many things flitting through my mind for me to settle down.

I finally did fall asleep around 6, only to have G wake up for the day at 6:15. Yuck. That's early for him, but it figures. D didn't get up until after 7. That figures too; one of them is up at the crack of dawn (before, really), and the other sleeps a little later.

So once again, I was up at 4:30 and never really got back to sleep; at least not for more than 10-15 minutes, and that doesn't really count.

Gee, I wonder why I'm tired all the time? Something like this happens almost every single day. If it isn't one thing, its another.

Ok, bitch over.

No comments: