Thursday, February 21, 2008

Randomness

I finally got some news about the Danskin. Registration for the Seattle race opens next week, on the 26th. You can bet that will be the first thing I do next Tuesday morning! Maybe I'll even log on after G's first night feeding and see if it opened after midnight.

I've decided I have to go back to keeping a food log. I weighed in this morning at 148.8, which is down a little since the beginning of the year. But I'd hoped to be more like 143-144 by now, at least to be on track to be rid of the baby weight by G's birthday (in May). I guess I should be happy I haven't gained weight, especially considering the goodies that keep making their way into the house - and I have zero willpower. If it's in the house, I have such a hard time resisting. And it seems like we've gone from one chocolatey holiday to the next, in such quick succession I never recover. Halloween, Thanksgiving (which isn't as chocolatey, but oh the pie!), Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter which falls so early this year... Good grief!

In any case, I've had really great success losing weight by keeping a food log - literally writing down everything I eat and adding up the nutritional values (particularly the calories, although I also watch carbs). Two years ago, before getting pregnant with G, that's how I got down to a good, healthy 132-ish. I've been avoiding doing it again, hoping I could manage to lose without all the work it takes to keep a food log, but I'm frustrated and I need to do something different. So food log it is.

Plus, I tried on my new triathlon race top that I just bought (found it on sale) and my tri shorts and... damn. That's not a pretty picture. They fit, in the sense that I can get them on and breathe while wearing them. But the shorts cut right through my mommy-middle and make this lovely roll. And triathlon clothes hide nothing, let me tell you. I could theoretically wear something else, especially for my indoor event in April, but it's so much easier to wear this stuff since I can do all three legs of the race in one outfit without changing. I just have to decide how much I'm going to let it all hang out there.

I tell you, G did a number on my midsection! I've always been a little more pear shaped (despite my PCOS, which tends to make women gain in their midsection). But now, my thighs aren't so bad (not great, but not horrible either), but my midsection is still so flabby. I still look about like I did at 14-16 weeks pregnant, it think. Of course, then I was going from being pretty thin to having a baby bump. But I'm carrying so much more weight around the middle than I ever have before, at least in proportion to the rest of me.

Of course, I did get enormous while pregnant last time, so there you go...

I guess that's most of my random thoughts. Oh, and if someone could tell D to stop holding his pee until he can't hold it anymore, that would be great. I had to change him no less than four times today. He knows how to go, he just doesn't want to stop what he's doing and go to the bathroom. I swear, if it isn't one thing with that boy, it's another - first he holds his poop, now he's holding his pee. Nothing is ever easy, is it?

I'm hungry.

No comments: