Monday, April 28, 2008

Sick of being tired

This is a whiney ass complaint post, so be forewarned.

I am so sick of being tired all the time. I get a decent night here and there, but it seems like most of the time, I don't get enough sleep. I am SO over G waking at night. SO. OVER. IT. He is darn close to a year old, dammit he shouldn't still need to nurse at night.

Right now we're going through a tough phase. He's in this crappy transition period where one nap isn't quite enough, but two are basically impossible to get. The last several days went ok with just one - I put him down around 11 and he actually seemed to be stretching that nap out to almost 2 hours. He's ready for bed super early, but that's no big deal - we're used to early bedtimes around here. Yesterday I had the silly notion that I actually had things under control.

Last night he woke at about 3:30 and I probably should have tried to get him back to sleep without nursing. My resolve is weak at 3:30 am, however, so I nursed him back to sleep and hoped all would be well until morning. Not so much. He was up again at 5:20 and that was it for the night. I tried to get him to go back to sleep, to no avail. I was up until after 11 last night working (because I'm ridiculously busy), so that makes about 6 hours of (broken) sleep for me. Once in a while, a 6 hour night is no problem, but I'm always on the verge of being sleep deprived, so it doesn't take much to send me over the edge.

I'm cranky, and G is worse. This morning has sucked. I'm trying now, in vain it appears, to get him to take a morning nap. He needs it. He's so tired, he's fussy and nothing is making him happy. He almost fell asleep nursing, but being the little shit that he's being lately, he keeps sitting up in his crib and crying. So no nap yet.

Like I said, I'm just whining. I'm ready for him to quit waking at night, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm not sure if his early morning is because he's nap deprived in my efforts to try one nap. I'm not sure how I'm going to get him to nap this morning and if he doesn't, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through the rest of the day.

Don't babies realize how much we would give to have someone insisting we take a nap? My gosh, I'd skip to my bedroom and lie down smiling.

I hate sleep problems.

No comments: