Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weird dream

I had such a weird dream the other night. It was the other morning, actually. G woke up around 5:30, which is just way too early. I turned the sound on the monitor way down so he wouldn't wake my husband (why I do that, I have no idea - he never wakes up when our kids do) and decided to wait a bit and see if he'd go back to sleep. Obviously he did, because I did too, but I had a strange dream after that.

I dreamt that I woke up and looked at the clock and it was 10:00, and I realized I'd turned the monitor completely off and G had been awake and crying for 4 1/2 hours. I flew out of bed into his room and found him in his crib, sobbing. His voice was hoarse from crying for so long and he'd thrown up everywhere. I picked him up and I can still remember how sad his little voice sounded. I felt like throwing myself off a bridge, I couldn't believe I'd done that.

I woke up right about then and quickly looked at the clock, then the monitor. I was horrified that I might have really left him crying all morning. But the monitor was still on, and quiet, and it was only a bit after 6. Phew! I was so relieved, but the feeling of that dream wouldn't go away for quite some time.

1 comment:

Erica said...

This actually happened to me, twice!!! For some reason, volume level 2 on our monitor works fine but level 1.9999999 doesn't - it is mute. So twice, I didn't get it turned up correctly and charlotte very clearly cried a lot during the night. I felt like a rat.