Friday, March 21, 2008

You were right, Amy!

You CAN'T ever have enough strollers!

I picked up a STEAL on craigslist today - stroller #5 for my collection. Maybe we will see how many I can fit in my garage...

I saw this one on craigslist when I first started looking and emailed about it, but didn't hear back. I was seriously beginning to wonder if my email would actually send emails to craigslist posters. I emailed several people and never heard back from any of them. This one was reposted today, after being deleted earlier in the week. Apparently they'd had a few no-shows, so she was trying one last time to get rid of it.

Its an InStep double jogger, probably a few years old, and it needs some serious cleaning - but it will work. And I paid a grand total of $40! She told me she wanted to be rid of it fast, so she wasn't asking much for it. It's in great shape - a little worn, but in perfect working order. It's lighter than I thought it would be - I think it's lighter than my single jogger! All in all, a great find.

I have to admit, I'm usually not big on buying things used. Silly, probably, but it's just how I am. This time, however, I didn't have much choice in the matter. If I wanted a double jogger, I needed to get one used - I don't have the $200 for even the cheap models.

So there it is - another stroller. But I think I'll get a lot of use out of it.

And the best thing is, I paid so little, I don't even need to sell my single jogger to pay for it!

No comments: